It's that time of year again — California wildfires. So far we don't see any sign of the fires in San Diego. I'm sure though soon we'll start to see some of the smoke coming this way.
The one thing they are urging more than I remember before is being VERY SERIOUS about telling people that "when we say leave your homes and evacuate ... do it." I second that. People who decide to stay behind to try to save there house end up getting caught in the middle and risk the lives of firefighters. Happens every year. Some people just don't get it.
The one thing they are urging more than I remember before is being VERY SERIOUS about telling people that "when we say leave your homes and evacuate ... do it." I second that. People who decide to stay behind to try to save there house end up getting caught in the middle and risk the lives of firefighters. Happens every year. Some people just don't get it.
So of the 14 books that I found on my bookshelf, none of them interested me enough at the time to start reading them this past weekend. Shawn gave me a book yesterday that he just finished, "My Stroke of Insight." Its a brain scientists personal journey through having a stroke. So far I'm in the first chapter, and the author tell me not to skip the "science" chapters - which are chapters 1-3. Otherwise, if I do, I won't understand what she's talking about when she explains what it was like to have a stroke and begin to learn again. I'm liking it.
1 comment:
I had quite an adventure with Flat Stanley myself in San Diego. He really loves that city!!!
Post a Comment