Tonight I’m sitting out on my back patio, for probably the first time. My little red beach chair will have to do because I don’t have any patio furniture. But thank goodness I finally invested in the laptop I wanted. It’s my new favorite thing. I am in love. Another reason why I’m sitting outside is because it’s so warm in my apartment. The weather gods thought it would be nice for San Diego to be in the 80s the past couple of days. Don’t they know it’s November! Thankfully the weather is cooling down tomorrow.
[I wonder if people can see me out here…]
I smell something fruity right now, like someone is baking a pie. I also smell grass (not marijuana) and I hear the sound of classical music. Who knew sitting on the back patio was so relaxing — except for that obnoxious teenager that just screamed.
Oh I almost forgot, I have two new neighbors. I have not formally met them yet, but my landlord did take the time to back up her car on her way out the driveway, roll down her window, and tell me that two very nice single gentlemen were moving into apartment two and apartment four. Thanks landlady for looking out for your tenant in apartment 12.
I have to say, this is the first time I just wrote without editing myself. Recently, I’ve noticed that I’m constantly editing what I write, especially if I do write during the day for my blog. I think my mind is focused too much on work, and I have all these different thoughts and ideas running through my head, so I can’t formulate a complete thought.
I think I’ve found my new writing spot. At home, on my new laptop, sitting in my little red beach chair on my patio.
Goodnight San Diego.
No comments:
Post a Comment