Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Popsicles: You can't eat just one

(No, I don't let him lick my popsicle as I'm eating it. Sometimes I give him the last bites.)

I finally got my new desk! It was waiting for me by the door last night when I got home from work. Somehow between Cody jumping over the box and then barking at the vacuum, I got the thing put together. It sits perfectly under my little window. Now I really want a new chair. One of those armless, fabric designed chairs.

Tonight I'm going to see SALT. I've been slacking on my Summer Blockbuster movie season viewings. And NO ONE will go see Step Up 3D with me. Why are people hating on Step Up. It's a feel good, jammin' movie. So I'll wait till it comes out on DVD.

A thought: What would we do without music?
They say that when we get older and forget our memories, music can bring them back. Because a lot of times people associate music or a particular song with a particular event(s) in their lives. There are times I can hear a song and it will immediately put me back in an exact time and instance. For example, Paula Cole's "I Don't Wanna Wait," also the theme song for Dawson's Creek, was the song me, DeDe, Dana and Chrissy listened to over and over on our road trip to Savannah. I hear it, and it brings me back to being 17 years old.

I love music.

No comments: