Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Like mother, like daughter

Happy Birthday MOM!

Dear Mom,

Today, you, Merrie Cris Smith, were born. You've been a delight and joy to all who know you. You're an angel, or as your side of the family likes to call you, Saint Merrie. :-)

As I grow old, I realize I'm becoming more and more like you. Yes, including the saintliness. But also in your mannerisms (as you can see from above.) Every so often, friends and family remind me that I did something or said something that you would say or do. And instead of saying, "No I don't!" I am now starting to say, "I know." 

I'm embracing it. :-)

Hope you had a great day. 

Love,
Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise. Thanks so much for the kind words. You made my day with this tribute. My birthday was spent in bed most of the day trying to rid myself of a head cold. This was a whopper which knocked me for a loop. I love you!

Meghan Argo said...

You are so sweet! I remember coming over to your house and your mom was always singing while she vacummed the floor! I always thought that she had a beautiful voice! You guys are just too sweet!